IUI, Intrauterine Insemination is a fertility treatment which involves placing the sperm directly into the woman’s uterus, where the natural intercourse process consists of the sperm travelling inside the woman’s vagina through the cervix and reaching out to the fallopian tubes, the IUI process cut down this step and help the sperm reach out the uterus directly.
The IUI treatment is recommended in cases like
• Low male sperm count
• Decreased sperm motility
• Abnormal ejaculation or erection
• Same-sex couples planning to enter parenthood
• A single woman planning to conceive
• Couples who wish to avoid passing the genetic defect of the male partner to the child
• Unexplained infertility,
However, IUI is not recommended to patients with cases like:
• Female partner suffering from severe endometriosis
• A woman who have had removed or blocked both her fallopian tubes
• Women suffering from multiple pelvic infections
• Men suffering from low sperm count or abnormal ejaculation
What to expect during the IUI procedure?
It is a painless and noninvasive procedure, often referred to as the “natural cycle,” which means no medications are given in this procedure. A woman ovulates naturally, and an IVF specialist places the male partner’s sperm in her uterus during the time of ovulation. After attending your initial consultation for IUI treatment, you can expect the following procedures:
• You might have to pay a visit to your doctor for a blood test, ultrasounds, and medical tests.
• In case you are prescribed medications, you are likely to start them on your periods.
• After a week of regular medication, your doctor shall ask you to have another ultrasound.
• Depending on the test reports, your doctor will determine your ovulation period, and ask you and your partner to return to the clinic between
those tentative dates.
• Your male partner will be asked for his semen sample on the day of your IUI treatment, or the donor sperm shall be thawed.
• The sperm sample will be sent to the laboratory and washed to prevent any debris or seminal fluid. The sperm need to be highly concentrated and should not irritate the uterus.
During the procedure
• You will be asked to lie down on a table. Your doctor shall use a speculum to open your vagina and carefully examine the cervix.
• The sperm is passed through the cervix and placed inside the uterus using a thin, long tube (catheter).
• You will be asked to remain reclined for at least 10 to 30 minutes post-insemination.
• Most of the women faceless or no discomfort at all. However, some women experience mild vaginal bleeding or uterine cramping.
The amount of pain associated with fertility treatment depends on the professionalism of your selected doctor. Choose the best clinic for your fertility treatment in Aurangabad to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Endoworld Hospital has a history of successful IVF treatment and IUI treatment. We understand how crucial are these procedures for our patients and therefore leave no stone unturned to provide our patients with the best care and support until they experience parenthood.