What to Do Before and After Embryo Transfer: Tips for Embryo Implantation

A VPN is an essential component of IT security, whether you’re just starting a business or are already up and running. Most business interactions and transactions happen online and VPN
what to do before and after embryo transfer

An embryo transfer is a crucial part of In Vitro Fertilization process. But, most women panic a day before, which is quite normal. With a keen understanding of what embryo transfer is and how you can prepare for a safe and hassle-free procedure, you can make this day one of the happiest days of your life. 

What is an embryo transfer procedure?

An embryo transfer is the final step of in-vitro fertilization (IVF). During the IVF, the doctor prescribes medications to stimulate the ovaries into releasing healthy eggs. After a few days, these eggs are removed from the women’s ovaries and fertilized in the lab under expert supervision. Once the eggs transform into multiple embryos, the doctor transfers these embryos back into the woman’s uterus to continue her pregnancy. 

For the pregnancy to begin, the embryo must get attached to the walls of the uterus. Women under the age of 35 have 60% chances of getting successfully pregnant. However, women over the age of 40 have approx. 20-40% chances of getting pregnant. To ensure safe and effective embryo transfer, here are a few things one must remember:

Take your medicines on time.

When undergoing an embryo transfer, the doctor will prescribe progesterone and other supplemental medications to prepare your uterus and other hormones for pregnancy. Do not skip these medicines. 

Prepare your entertainment resources.

When you arrive from the clinic after the embryo transfer procedure, the doctor will suggest you take plenty of rest and avoid any strenuous activities. So, pile up your favourite books, prepare your music playlist, shortlist the best movies you can watch during this period. 

Put warm socks.

It may sound funny, but it is a long-standing IVF superstition that wearing socks will keep you warm and cozy throughout the procedure. 

Sleep well before and after the procedure.

Your sleep cycle and infertility are connected, so you need to take proper sleep the day before your appointment and afterward. 7-8 hours of sleep is very crucial for women undergoing their IVF cycle. If you find it difficult to sleep, here are a few things you may do:

  • Keep your room temperature 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Diffuse lavender in your bedroom
  • Do not drink caffeine at least 4-6 hours before going to sleep
  • Have your dinner at least two hours before sleeping
  • Listen to relaxing and soothing music
  • Limit your screen time 30 minutes before bed
  • Gently stretch your muscles for pressure point relief.

Take healthy meal

Add soups, legumes, lentils, fresh fruits, fish, chicken, and water with lemon in your diet to balance the nutrition and get all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Also, strictly avoid processed food items and packaged food such as smoothies, red meat products, tea, coffee, and sugar. Ask a dietician to help you prepare the right diet during your IVF procedure. 

Avoid Sexual intercourse.

Sexual intercourse before embryo transfer may trigger uterine contractions and disrupt the embryo from entering into your uterus. Although it is only temporary, your doctor will notify you when it is safe to begin having sex again.

Looking for the best IVF and infertility treatment consultation? Book your appointment today at Endoworld Hospital – India’s leading IVF center with well-renowned and certified infertility specialists. 

Picture of Dr. Pandit Palaskar

Dr. Pandit Palaskar

Dr. Pandit Palaskar is one of the best IVF doctors in India. He has vast experience of 20+ years with thousands of cases performed in the fields of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility.

Leave a Replay

About Us

Endoworld Hospital is a 100 bedded Ultramodern Superspeciality Hospital dedicated to Gynecological endoscopy, Infertility management, Neonatal and pediatric care. One of the largest mother & child care hospital in private setup in India, providing health services to every class of society. Dedicated & experienced team of highly qualified doctors is available at your service.

Recent Posts

Follow Us