- Infertility equally affects both men and women.
- Infertility is a disease of the reproductive system which affects the patient’s ability to reproduce.
- In 40% of infertile couples, the male partner is either the sole cause or a contributing factor of infertility.
- Abnormal or irregular ovulation is one of the significant factors affecting infertility in women
- Couples struggling to conceive due to obesity or bodyweight disorders can reverse their infertility by maintaining their weight.
- Men and women who smoke are at higher risk of developing infertility
- Women who smoke are also at a higher risk of miscarriage.
- Treatments like IVF treatment and ICSI are helping thousands of couples experience parenthood.
The Real Struggles Of Infertility
Infertility can take a toll on your life, both emotionally and socially. It might be one of the reasons why many couples are not comfortable discussing their infertility experience. Infertility is defined when a couple fails to conceive a child even after having frequent, unprotected sexual intercourse for a year or longer. Infertility can get caused due to one or more of the following factors:
- Age: As women age, the quality of their eggs start to deteriorate. It means, the egg quality or the likelihood of an egg being genetically normal, decreases.
- Ovulation Disorders: A woman who cannot release healthy, regular, or mature eggs during ovulation are likely to suffer infertility or cannot conceive naturally.
- Tubal Occlusion (blockage): Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and pelvic inflammatory diseases can create a risk of blocked fallopian tubes, Tubal Occlusion occurs when a mature egg fails to get fertilized by the sperm.
- Uterine Fibroids: A mere presence of fibroids might not cause infertility in women. However, the position and size of the fibroids decide its effect on a woman’s ability to conceive.
- Endometrial Polyps: It is a finger-like growth inside the uterine cavity and arises from the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. It decreases a woman’s ability to get pregnant by 50%.
- Endometriosis: It is a condition in which the cells very similar to the ones lining the uterine cavity occurs outside the uterine cavity. It is found in 10-50% of women population under their reproductive age. The symptoms for endometriosis can be severe pain during intercourse or menstrual period.
If you are looking for an infertility specialist in Aurangabad or the best test tube baby centre in Aurangabad, visit Endoworld Hospital. We are well-equipped with the latest advancements in fertility treatments and infrastructure to give our best in helping you experience parenthood.