Pregnancy and motherhood are one of the most special experiences in life. As you hold your new born baby close to you, the feeling is of absolute love and care. This special experience has a very important role in life. However, it doesn’t mean that the journey is easy for a woman. There are many changes that a woman goes through during this phase. There are numerous emotional and physical changes and of course there are countless lifestyle changes. The flux of hormones in women creates different impacts on everyone. Among these changes, there is one element that goes through drastic change and that is your skin. Many women in curse of their pregnancy have been found to have patches, stretch marks, and much more. Itchy skin is one of the most common issues faced by women during pregnancy. No need to worry! Endoworld and its known pregnancy doctors in Aurangabad are available right at your side. This article will give you solution to get rid of Itchy skin post pregnancy.
Causes of Itchy Skin Post Pregnancy: There are many reasons for postpartum skin itchiness, such as; medication taken by mother during child birth and at the time of recovery, thyroid issues, and hormonal changes in a woman’s body. However, it is difficult to determine the exact cause of this itchiness.
What to do for the itchy skin?
Well, if the problem persists and you cannot find the reason behind the issue, then you should go and visit your doctor. Your doctor will be in a better position to guide to solve the problem.
Although, there are few things that you can do to solve the issue on your own.
• Don’t use hot water to shower or bathe. This can make your skin irritable and hence, itchy.
• Choose your products: Many times, these issues also occur when women use the same products that they did pre-birth of the child. Many are not aware that few products might not be the best for skin as it may carry alcohol elements that could harm your skin. There are also few alcohol elements which are good for the body. So, reading the labels carefully helps one from saving themselves from itchy situations.
• Keep changing your razor: Hygiene is very important; you may never know your itchy skin could be the result of your old razor. So be careful, as the old razors with moisture and gel strips can be really harmful for the skin and cause itchiness. You should keep changing your razor on weekly basis.
• Cloths wash free of perfume and dyes: There are few chemicals that could cause a serious reaction to your skin. So, before using a detergent or rather before purchasing a detergent, you should be careful about the ingredients and it should not contain any sort of perfume or dye that can create skin trouble for you!
• Natural fabric softner’s are the best: Once again, the harsh chemical available in many of the fabric softeners available in the market have harsh chemicals, which can be bad for skin and produces issues such as rashes, redness, itchiness, and much more.
• Hydrating is important: Constant usage of water is important. If you are breast feeding than water intake should be increased. You should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to stay hydrated. Besides, if you live in a cold and arid temperature, use heaters in the house and staying indoors can help. Using a humidifier is also advisable so the air around the mother would not create dryness.
• Get rid of stress ! : Stress is harmful in many ways, especially for pre and post pregnant women. To avoid the situation stress should be kept miles away. Anyways there is plenty of hormonal changes that takes place, stress will just end up creating imbalance in hormones, causing itchiness and dryness if skin.
So, don’t worry new mother. There will be change but there are solutions too. Besides, Endoworld is always at your side to help you and guide you. We understand pregnancy care and how difficult it can be. Endoworld with its world class IVF treatments and pregnancy doctors in Aurangabad is constantly trying to make this journey joyful and free of worries. Happy Motherhood!