Infertility has mostly been associated with the female anatomy and couples who seek treatment often think of IVF as the last resort. But due to lack of awareness and information about male infertility, not many know of treatments like ICSI which has been hailed revolutionary in curing infertility.
At Endoworld Hospital, known as the infertility specialist in Aurangabad, we provide ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) to couples struggling with infertility. While it has been around since the early 1990s, it is only now that the treatment is getting recognition. Read below what ICSI is, if you are a candidate for it and what is its success rate?
ICSI is an effective treatment for male infertility which involves the injection of a single, good-quality sperm into a mature egg, which is then placed into a woman’s uterus. ICSI is a specialized form of conventional IVF treatment. Using the technique called micro-manipulation, the ICSI procedure is performed employing a special microscope, along with very small surgical tools to handle and place the sperm in the egg.
Below are five steps to the ISCI procedure:
1. A sperm sample is taken from male patient’s semen
2. Your eggs are surgically extracted from the ovaries of the female patient
3. Using a tiny needle, one sperm is carefully injected into an egg
4. Post-injection, the fertilized egg is observed for growth and development.
5. Once the normal development is observed, the embryo is carefully implanted into the uterus of the female patient.
ICSI is the most successful form of treatment for couples suffering from the following conditions:
- When the male partner has a low sperm count or motility
- Previous IVF attempts have failed
- When the woman has a low ovarian reserve
- Low-quality eggs
At Endoworld Hospital, we provide the best ICSI treatment in Aurangabad and in our center, the rate of fertilization with ART is 90 to 100% with 45 to 55% pregnancy having attained with ICSI, practically over-ridding male factor. 45 to 55% is the current rate of pregnancy in our center with IVF -ICSI procedures. This success rate is comparable with the worldwide success rate of IVF-ICSI.
Many couples are now considering adopting this treatment because of its various advantages like:
- ICSI can give the couples a chance of conceiving their genetic child when other treatments have failed
- ICSI also helps couples who cannot ascertain any specific cause for their infertility
- This treatment has no side effects on the mental or physical developments of your child
Endoworld Hospital is an exclusive center of excellence and the first super specialty center in India for women dedicated to Gynecological Endoscopy, Infertility management, Neonatal and pediatric care. Our mission is to fulfill the dream of parenthood of every couple using state of the art equipment to maximise your chances of getting pregnant.