So your doctor finally confirmed that you are pregnant. There are thousands and millions of things going on in your head right now. How to take care of my health? How to ensure the baby is healthy? What to eat? What not to eat? How can I ensure a healthy delivery? Do not panic. Endoworld hospital, one of the leading hospitals with the best IVF center in Aurangabad, has brought you the answers to all your pregnancy-related concerns.
How to achieve good health during pregnancy?
During your first appointment with the gynecologist, your doctor will ask for your blood and urine samples to test for any harmful bacteria, signs of diabetes, high protein levels, or blood pressure levels. Other tests may include:
- A pelvic evaluation to check the size and shape of your womb and uterus
- A pap smear to diagnose cervical cancer
- An ultrasound to view the position of the baby inside your womb
We advise pregnant women to visit the best gynecologist in Aurangabad after every 3-4 weeks. In every visit, the doctor will check your weight, blood pressure, and sugar levels, hear your baby’s heartbeat and discuss any issues or concerns about your pregnancy.
What should I eat during pregnancy?
The best thing you can do to keep your baby safe and healthy is to eat a balanced diet.
- Eat well-cooked food. Avoid eating canned fish or shark, mackerel, tilefish, or swordfish as they are high in mercury, which can be dangerous for the baby’s health. Also, do not eat more than 2-3 servings of fish per week.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables in lukewarm water before storing them in the refrigerator. Maintain good hygiene in the kitchen, keep the kitchen platforms, and basins always clean.
- Add more dairy products in your diet. But avoid soft cheese and unpasteurized milk products as it contains more harmful bacteria that can cause infection to both mother and the baby.
- Artificial sweeteners should be eaten in a moderate amount. Try adding jaggery or honey to balance the sweetness in your food or drinks.
- Do not drink tea or coffee more than once in a day. Excess caffeine is harmful to the baby.
- Take at least 400mgs of essential vitamins per day. You can discuss with your doctor, and they shall suggest you which type of vitamin supplements will be best for your body system and the baby.
Should I perform exercises during pregnancy?
Perform yoga for at least 30 minutes per day. It will boost your immune system, keep your body and mind calm, and, most importantly, help ease the discomforts of pregnancy. But first, talk to your doctor if you have an underlying medical condition that may worsen due to the exercises. If you were maintaining a sedentary lifestyle before getting pregnant, do not start with vigorous activities. Start with some small and easy exercises for better response. Drink plenty of water and fresh juice to keep yourself hydrated.
In case the exercises cause chest pain, stomach pains, or dizziness, immediately contact your gynecologist for guidance.
Note: Quit smoking or drinking alcohol as it will inevitably affect the baby. Also, try not to stay in an environment where people smoke. Maintain a safe distance with an alcoholic person and those who use drugs and weed. It may affect your child and, in many cases, can also result in miscarriage or congenital disabilities.
If you have any pregnancy or fertility-related concerns, feel free to get in touch with our leading gynecologists and fertility specialists. Our team will ensure you have a comfortable and healthy delivery. We also offer infertility treatments for infertile couples. Visit our website to learn more.