Pregnancy is a gift and blessing for the lady who carries the high responsibility of bringing the offspring in this world. The routine and especially the fooding and rest patterns get changed for the woman who is preparing to give birth. Nutritious food is generally recommended for the healthy development of fetus and also for keeping the lady healthy. Precautions are yet another component that needs to be practiced along with personal care. As the pregnancy progresses towards the 9th month, the list of precautions and care become lengthy because the fetus is in the final stage. Often ladies are ignorant about these precautions and counsels and want to inquire more about the requisites. Pregnancy doctor in Aurangabad, India lists the following dos and don’ts for the women in the final stage of pregnancy, particularly the 9th month. Have a look at these to be more aware and careful.
Complete restriction of alcohol and smoking!
Drinking alcohol is not recommended during complete period of pregnancy from inception stage. In fact, the specialists even recommend shunning alcohol altogether even six months prior to pregnancy so that the body gets rid of unwarranted chemical residues and toxins. This is sort of detox maneuver and is counted as an essential component of pregnancy planning. Smoking is equally injurious to the health of fetus. According to a renowned pregnancy doctor in Aurangabad, there are many conditions and development discrepancies that are traced to drinking alcohol and smoking during pregnancy. These include –
- Fontal alcohol syndrome – the brain development of fetus is affected and abnormal facial features are also developed.
- Sudden infant death syndrome – the infant dies immediately after birth
- Stillborn syndrome – the child is stillborn or dead!
Keep self hydrated
Pregnancy doctor in Aurangabad, India says that the lady in final stages of pregnancy should take care to keep self hydrated. This does not mean that she should be drinking water throughout day but it is recommended that her body never feels the water crunch. She should also take watery fruits like water melon, muskmelon and cucumber among others. Water is essential in facilitating the proper development of fetus in multiple ways.
You need to avoid these foods!
The lady needs to avoid the intake of these food products due to various reasons.
- Unpasteurized butter and cheese
- Products with raw eggs like mousse and salads dressings
- Packaged products, specially the raw or processed fish and meats – may transfer bacteria that will target the fetus development adversely.
- Grapes, papaya and pineapples – half ripe or unripe papayas are known to stimulate uterine contractions and thus trigger premature birth.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables need to be strictly avoided
- Coffee, tea, green/organic tea, sodas and cold drinks need to be limited during the farther end of pregnancy (9th month).
Maintain distance with animals
According to pregnancy doctor in Aurangabad, contact with animals can cause infection with the harmful parasite – tocoplasma gondi which affects development of fetus, causes eye defects and premature birth.